Following are tax incentives and rebates that you may qualify for when you purchase an electric car or charging station.
For Electric Vehicles
- Federal Tax Credit: $2500 to $7500
- The federal IRS tax credit ranges from $2,500 to $7,500 for new EVs purchased for use in the U.S. The size of the tax credit depends on the size of the vehicle and its battery capacity. This tax credit will be available until 200,000 qualified EVs have been sold in the United States by each manufacturer, at which point the credit begins to phase out for that manufacturer.
- New York State Rebate: Up to $2000
- Open to all New York State residents, the Drive Clean Rebate offers a point-of-sale rebate towards the purchase or lease of a new electric car. Discount of up to $2,000 is applied at dealership.
For Charging Stations
- Charge Ready NY
- Through Charge Ready NY, NYSERDA provides rebates of $4,000 per charging port for Level 2 charging stations installed at public, workplace, and multi-unit dwelling parking lots.
- New York State Tax Credit for Public and Workplace Charging
- NYS income tax credit of up to $5,000 for the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charging station. The credit is targeted at commercial and workplace charging stations. The tax credit is available through the end of 2022.
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Municipal ZEV Rebate Program
- Provides rebates for costs associated with the purchase or lease (for at least 36 months) of eligible clean vehicles, and installation of eligible infrastructure that supports public use of clean vehicles.
- PSEG Long Island
- $500 rebate for a Type 2 residential charging station
- Clean Pass
- Allows eligible low-emission, energy efficient vehicles to use LIE/HOV lanes regardless of number of occupants in the vehicle.
Provides rebates of $4,000 per charging port for Level 2 charging stations installed at the workplace. Note: This rebate is expires December 31, 2019.